Info on Smalltalk DSLs or Metaprogramming...

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 6 21:19:25 UTC 2006

>From: "Ramon Leon" <ramon.leon at allresnet.com>
>To: "'The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list'"<squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>Subject: RE: Info on Smalltalk DSLs or Metaprogramming...
>Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 14:12:29 -0700
>
> > I relize it has been tried before.  But I think it has to be
> > tried again until it works. :)
>
>You assume it isn't working now, but it is, Seaside's bringing many a new
>developer to Smalltalk, myself included.  Watch the lists, there's plenty
>of
>new developers popping up all the time.

Maybe.  Or maybe this is momentum which will fade in time if it isn't turned
into something
else.  Seaside is bringing them here, that is 100% right.  But how many are
looking around
at all the cool things in the 3.8 image but can't get anything to work and
can't find
documentation to do anything?

At some point the other languages will have seaside completely duplicated.
If you haven't
gotten a permanent increase in body count by the time that happens then your
chance
is over until the Avi, Luckas and co. come up with the next killer app.