[IDEAS] Looking at Factor

Bryce Kampjes bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 20:24:15 UTC 2006

J J writes:
 > Well, I think the reason they haven't made the package default is speed.
 > But it sounds
 > like what your doing makes things fast enough that it would be ok.  That's
 > why I asked.

It's a good point.

>From Exupery's perspective, it is better for me to focus on getting to
a 1.0. There's a lot of work required to build a compiler that will
speed up real programs. For over a year, Exupery has outperformed
VisualWorks for raw bytecode performance but hasn't yet made a
difference for real programs. Adding all the extra features needed to
benefit real code has and still is the current focus. At the moment
that means implementing key primitives then fixing bugs.

Bryce