How to get rid of an object pointed to by a do-it?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat Sep 9 13:41:33 UTC 2006

Hello Tom,

TP> What else have you got that has a pointer to the DoIt?
now that I red your question thoroughly:
There's two different doIts "pointingToTheDot.gif is an explorer on
"objects pointing to this Value" on one of them.

The other one has 11 elements.

I remember putting a self halt into
TrainingsSamplesFehlerkategorien>>updateSamplesToNewTranslator which
is executed from the class comment.

But I've been through all projects in my image and there are no more
debuggers, browsers and inspectors open. just a lot of workspaces.

None has a local variable pointing to an instance of
FehlerkategorienAuswertung which hasn't been set to nil.

First I misunderstood and thought you asked what else pointed to the
instance I wanted to get rid of.

This is what I replied to that:
by now nothing else. The other one was an inspector (dunno where it
came from, Im sure I checked every project in the image). I got rid of
that by opening an inspector on it issuing self object: nil and then
it was gone.

So what I do now is:
inspect
FehlerKategorienAuswertung allInstances

get an Inspector on an array with two elements, on each I do an
objects pointing to this value and get the two attached inspectors.

I was not aware it where two doIts done on two different classes.

The doIts probably are:
TrainingsSamplesFehlerkategorien updateSamplesToNewTranslator
and these where the last doIt's I sent to an instance of
FehlerKategorienAuswertung which is shown in the other inspector:
fa removeUI2 .
fa := nil.
I can't make anything of what I see in the explorer on that doIt.

Thanks

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net