[ANN] Kernel image overrides described on Mantis

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sun Sep 10 10:39:10 UTC 2006

Congratulations Pavel, you've mastered the almost impossible: instead of
debating the subject to death (as is GOF tradition here), you moplexed[1]
the .image so it no longer needs to be pure[tm] monolithic along very
important separators. I've worked through the issues and thrown my CHF
0.02 onto some of them.

Stef: 3.9+66xPavel's overrides is what IMO is the best start for 3.10
(unless there'd be an .image format change which would force a 4.0
release).

Stef (again :) it will be interesting to see the TestCase(s) which need to
be developed together with the permanent 66 overrides ;-)

Supposed that there will be 66 suggested (and debatable) solutions
documented on Mantis, it seems to be possible for 4+ Squeakers over a
Saturday + a Sunday (+ coffee + lunch + drinks + DSL/WLAN, sponsored) to
make an Anne Berry[1] .image happen.

/Klaus

[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=separability+dirac+moplex