Idea for a possibly better Collection occurrencesOf method.

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 10:34:26 UTC 2006

At ESUG georg Heeg made an interesting point, he showed that in VW
(I do not remember exactly the ratio but it was striking). They
aggressively optimized the loading and (removed the refreshing of
RB.....).

So this was really making me think that speed is still really again
an issue and that good optimized libraries are cool
even on our fast machines because we could do even more.

> This results in #(397 590 600) on my machine with the significant
> difference that being between ~400ms (original version) vs. ~600ms
> (with extra activation).

So this is clearly a good argument for do: :)

Stef