Idea for a possibly better Collection occurrencesOf method.

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 12 11:12:23 UTC 2006

I misspelled "slower" (was thinking rolling and typing slower. :) ).

The point is, if using the library is noticably slower then just rolling
your own then
some people will always use there own.

Look at C++ for an example of what I mean.
std::string has been around for some years now, but it seems like every new
C++ framework
or substancial library has a "FrameWorkOrLibrary::String" defined.  Why?
Performance.  The
standard library string doesn't have the performance they want accross the
board so every
library writer ever rolls there own.  As a result if you try to be a good
programmer and reuse
code you will end up writing a bunch of stupid conversion functions to all
these types.

I know we are just talking about 2 methods here, but it's a bad president to
set.  Would the
implimentation Jon mentioned work, or what are the bad points?  The debugger
wouldn't let
you walk the code then or?

Thanks