Idea for a possibly better Collection occurrencesOf method.

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Tue Sep 12 14:03:22 UTC 2006

Hi J J,

on Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:13:00 +0200, you wrote:

> Nice, sounds like a done deal then.  Will this make 3.9 release? :)

Changing the VM for local purposes is easy (in Squeak!), would like to
have more time for "my daily Squeak VM change". BTW: how cool that sounds,
versus "changing the Java / Ruby / Python / put your varorite here / VM,
for local purposes is easy" </grin>

But I think this is something for a 1.0 Exupery release; if I understand
Bryce correctly he aims to outperform a certain commercial VM and
MethodContext>>#apply:from:to: looks like it's worth the effort (of
course, with fall back to good old #do: code-in case the new primitive is
missing). My CHF 0.05.

OT[.ch only]: I owed the community CHF 0.03 because last time I wrote CHF
0.02 :) Payed.

/Klaus