Where in the academic world is Squeak?

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Wed Sep 13 20:15:29 UTC 2006

Daniel Vainsencher a écrit :
> Hi everyone, I'm about a year away from finishing my BAs in Math/CS, and
> am looking for a nice place to do exciting and interesting stuff for a
> PhD. Of course if I can do it in Squeak and with Squeakers, that's a
> definite advantage!
>
> BTW, my current definition of interesting stuff tends towards math and
> geometry - for example I'm currently working on face recognition
> algorithms based on embedding surfaces while preserving geodetic
> distances (GMDS). But I'm curious about the general situation.
>
> So I know about SE people in the SCG group in Berne, and about Andrew
> Black+ in PSU, Portland, and Croquet seems to be getting some
> universities involved (Minnesota, Wisconsin... more?), though I don't
> know exactly in what form. Who else is out there?

We are also doing some work with Noury in the context of embedded
system, ubiquitous computing and distributed artificial intelligence.
Have a look here : http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/VerySmallTalk

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##