[VMMaker] sqMemoryAccess.h: No such file or directory

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Sep 14 10:15:27 UTC 2006

Hello Klaus,

KDW> Yes, me too. What are the areas for which you expect speed differences
KDW> and/or verify that there are none.
I plan to stick the vm under every 3.6 to 3.8 image I have and just
benchmark the application.

Three are about querying a mysql database and building up morpic
displays. They are written not to put put a load on the mysql
server.

One is 22 objects simulated with linear acceleration and deceleration
and "Elastischer Stoß" (elastic collision??).

One is dealing with many files in deep directory trees.

One is spending its time in making objects from ASCII files.

Try whatever else I find.

I will definitely try it on Gjallar which imho spends nearly the whole
time with seaside building html.

I'm expecting speed differences mainly by the fact that a different
toolchain might be used. I'm used to (and fed up by) looking at what
assembler code a C-compiler produces and have seen changes for the
good and for the worse with newer versions.

I'm doing this for curiosity and with the knowledge that a better
algorithm usually yields more than a faster VM.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net