An 3.9 image for developers

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Fri Sep 15 09:53:42 UTC 2006

Lukas Renggli a écrit :
>> RFB if added should be added before Seaside...
>> >
>> > Whatever DB it will be, it will also be always the wrong one. Who's
>> > using PostgreSQL anyways, I have not seen anybody using it, during the
>> > last 30 years (see: experience related).
>> well, I'm using it ;) but I was obliged to... I think, at least in the
>> MC repositories, we should find some databse support ?
>>
>> What about XML support ? (I also was obliged too :) )
>
> I doubt I will use an image with all those 200 cool preloaded packages ;-)

I agree, it would be better to have a simple image with the tools used
by almost every developers.

> It would be preferable to have a developer image that lets the
> developer select a bunch of packages the first time it is opened. It
> then quickly installs the selected mc snapshots in the right order and
> throws away the ones that are not needed for the particular image.

An image for developers is useful only if it is ready to use. If the
developer should download it and install everything he needs, it is not
very useful.

We need a mix: Pre-install most used packages and ease installation of
others.

--
Damien Cassou