An 3.9 image for developers

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 11:36:03 UTC 2006

> > It would be preferable to have a developer image that lets the
> > developer select a bunch of packages the first time it is opened. It
> > then quickly installs the selected mc snapshots in the right order and
> > throws away the ones that are not needed for the particular image.
>
> An image for developers is useful only if it is ready to use. If the
> developer should download it and install everything he needs, it is not
> very useful.

What I imagine is that you have all the necessary snapshots (instances
of MCSnapshot) in the development image already, you then only load
the necessary ones in the right order (that should be quite fast) and
then you throw away all those instances as they are not needed any
longer.

Cheers,
Lukas

--