VM and memory on win32

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Sep 15 16:07:08 UTC 2006

Ramon Leon wrote:
>> You can bump that to 3GB:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/server/PAE/PAEmem.mspx
>
> Andreas, any chance of bumping this up?

Well, I can't do much about the above cited patches; it is solely your
responsibility to patch your local boot.ini ;-) The one thing I could do
though, is to re-interpret -memory as meaning "reserve that much address
space, no more no less" which would allow you to use more than the
currently hardcoded 1GB and also allow some low-memory condition testing
(i.e., if you want to find out whether a certain image can run within
32MB or so). If that would be helpful, please file a bug so that I don't
forget it the next time around.

Cheers,
   - Andreas