Morphic initialization difficulties (RoS)

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Mon Sep 18 11:43:53 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm little helpless with Morphic initialization in the package The
Rest of Squeak for the kernel image. When I created this package, I
was able to initialize Morphic world but with new 3.9g images I'm not
able to create working Morphic image. And I have no idea why.

In fact, I'm able to partly initialize the Morphic project. I'm able
to create WatchMorph in it that shows time, I'm able to create
Transcript window and write text in it, I'm also able to do user
inerrupt. But the world is not processing mouse and keyboard events.
If I try for example Color fromUser, the mouse works well there. If
Squeak opens some menu, it is opened at possition 0 at 0. That shows that
something is wrong with the mouse.

At first I thought that something is wrong with the Morphic cycle but
the tests shows that this is not the source of this problem.

I have tried to reinstall EventSensor and so on but nothing helps.

Do you have got any idea that can I try? Whatever. I need to soleve it
to move forward again with the kernel separation.

Thank you...
-- Pavel