OLPC eToys!

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Mon Sep 18 18:00:07 UTC 2006

Yoshiki Ohshima a écrit :
>    Hello,
>
>    As you may know, the "eToys team" at Viewpoints Research is working
> on a version of Squeak tailored to suit the OLPC.  (Please take a look
> at http://wiki.laptop.org/ and their wiki site from there.)
>
>    Many of us have gathered together at the OLPC office in Cambridge,
> MA, for two weeks of intensive, quality hacking time.  The plan is to
> finalize the image by the middle of October.
>
>    We are making many UI changes and optimizations suitable for the
> relatively modest resource on the laptop.  The effort includes
> performance tweaks, simplification of menus, reduction and
> reorganization of objects in the parts bins, and tweaks to both
> Viewers and Scriptors, including font, color, and size choices.
>
>    At the same time, we are trying to minimize the changes so that we
> don't introduce new bugs, and in order to remain consistent with
> existing documentation.
>
>    If you are interested in what is going on, please grab the images
> at:
>
>    http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OLPCPlugin.zip        (initial version without updates)
>    http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OLPCPlugin-960.zip    (updated on Sep. 18th)
>    http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OLPCPlugin-latest.zip (identical to the latest in this folder)
>
> or for developers:
>
>    http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OLPCSqueak.zip        (initial version without updates)
>    http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OLPCSqueak-960.zip    (updated on Sep. 18th)
>    http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OLPCSqueak-latest.zip (identical to the latest in this folder)
>
> Obviously, there are a lot of changes going into this version, so
> please update the image often (I mean, really often.)
>
>    Any comments, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome.  We are
> setting up a mailing list for discussion on OLPC eToys.  Also, there
> is a wiki page at:
>
>    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Etoys

Nice work, Yoshiki ! This is based on Squeak 3.8 ou 3.9 ?
Maybe some of your optimisations, enhancements could be port to the
Squeak core version ?

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##