Advocating a fix for 3.9gamma (was: [BUG] 0004990: #requiredSelectors is wrong)

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at techunix.technion.ac.il
Tue Sep 19 11:01:42 UTC 2006

Dear 3.9 release team,

I realize that to be integrated at this late stage, any changes going
into the image should be of minimal impact, and of some importance. I
still advocate the integration of Traits-dvf.225.mcz available at
http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=4990 because:
1. It is based on the latest gamma release.
2. It is a one liner.
3. I am the author of the original code, and I can tell you it is a
quite conservative change (clear a cache when its needed).
4. The bug being fixed is covered by a test (now green) and so is the
rest of that code.
5. The code fixed "aClass requiredSelectors" has zero clients in the
image (so they won't regress) but hopefully, Damien will provide a
widespread client for it before 3.10 is available. Therefore the fix is
important.

So how do we take the last step of making this actually go into the
image? do I reassign the bug to someone? I couldn't find this documented
on the wiki or mantis docs.

Daniel