Strongtalk vs Exupery etc

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Sep 19 14:13:02 UTC 2006

Hi!

"Ron Teitelbaum" <Ron at USMedRec.com> wrote:
> I don't see any of this in terms of either/or.  While it is true that some

I don't either. :)

> effort may be diverted by working with Strongtalk to develop a Squeak VM it
> doesn't mean that it will derail all other efforts.

I actually did not mean that either. :)

In fact - I just wanted to present my 2 öre about why Exupery probably
is much more interesting (to me as a Squeaker) than Strongtalk, despite
the current "buzz" about Strongtalk on squeak-dev. I think Exupery is
underestimated in general.

But I am an OSS fan and to each his own etc - just keep scratching all
those itches. Remember that in the end it doesn't really matter much
what "we decide" - because that is not how it works. The only thing that
matters is what each individual developer decides to do. I would hardly
think any of us will dig into Strongtalk code just because someone said
on squeak-dev that it would be "good" for Squeak. :)

And the same goes for any other effort of course. In short - have fun,
whichever way you like - and things will work out for the best. :)

regards, Göran