Fwd: [community] Invitation to submit proposal for Open Source Software

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Thu Sep 21 08:28:49 UTC 2006

Hi,

It would be interesting to present Squeak and discuss its evolution
process.
Remember ESUG gives 100Euro for each published article about
Smalltalk :-)
See http://www.esug.org/promotionactions/articlepromotion/

Noury
Début du message réexpédié :

> De : nbelbaly at gmail.com
> Date : 14 septembre 2006 14:27:45 HAEC
> À : community at objectweb.org
> Objet : [community] Invitation to submit proposal for Open Source
> Software
>
> Dear ObjectWeb Community
>
> As you know, the Open Source Software (OSS) phenomenon is gaining
> momentum and is increasingly viewed as an alternative to
> traditional software development. Indeed, OSS projects have
> generated some of the most sophisticated development in computer
> technology (Such as Apache, Linux and PHP) and have become present
> in large technology firms such as IBM and Sun that have become
> major supporters of this phenomenon.
>
> In such context, decision makers at different levels and in a
> variety of fields, including professionals, researchers and
> teachers need access to the most current information about the
> concepts, issues, trends and technologies of this emerging phenomenon.
>
> To meet this need, currently we are in the process of editing a
> book entitled “Successful OSS Project Design and Implementation:
> Requirements, Tools, Social Designs, Reward Structures and
> Coordination Methods” that will provide comprehensive coverage and
> definitions of the most important issues, concepts, trends and
> technologies in OSS. This important new publication will be
> distributed worldwide among academic and professional institutions
> and will be instrumental in providing professionals, researchers,
> scholars, and students with access to the latest knowledge related
> to OSS.
>
> To ensure that this publication has the most current and relevant
> coverage of all topics related to OSS, we are asking both
> professionals involved in these projects and scholars, well-known
> for their particular area of research, to contribute short articles
> of 3,500-5,000 words on any of the following topics:
> OSS trends and foundations, OSS development, OSS Selection, OSS
> cases and applications.
>
> We would like to invite you to consider submitting on any of the
> above topics for this upcoming book by submitting a proposal (two
> single-spaced pages) description of your proposed topic to me or to
> one of the book editors no later than October 31, 2006.  You will
> then have until February 15, 2007 to prepare your full submission
> (3,500-5,000 words in length). Further details concerning the call
> for chapter proposals and the book details can be found at <http://
> www.supdeco-montpellier.com/Formulaires/OSS/>
>  All submitted articles will undergo a blind, peer-review process
> upon its receipt.
>
> Please forward your proposal to Belbaly Nassim at n.belbaly @ supco-
> montpellier.fr, or one of other editors Benbya Hind at: h.benbya @
> supco-montpellier.fr and Régis Messonnier rmeissonier @ supco-
> montpellier.fr
>  the book editors, at no later than October 31, 2006. You will be
> [...]

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org

Squeak: a Free Smalltalk