[ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 19

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 21 15:10:23 UTC 2006

Hi Damien,
> do you use this image ?
I've played with it for a few hours, and I plan to use it in the future.

> > It is a joy to be able to download an image with all these great tools
> > pre-installed and working together. I've updated the wiki with the required
> > Shout versions (only one was incorrect).
>
> I changed the repositories to:
>
> squeakDevImageConfiguration
>    ^ self createConfiguration
>      addSqueakMapPackage: 'AST';
>      addSqueakMapPackage: 'Refactoring Engine';
>      addSqueakMapPackage: 'RoelTyper';
>      addSqueakSourcePackage: 'Shout.3.15' directory: 'shout';
>      addSqueakSourcePackage: 'ShoutWorkspace.1' directory: 'shout';
>      addSqueakSourcePackage: 'ShoutOmniBrowser' directory: 'shout';
>      addSqueakSourcePackage: 'ShoutMonticello.1' directory: 'shout';
>
> but OmniBrowser is not highlighted anymore. If I load again
> ShoutOmniBrowser from SqueakMap, OB is colored.

I think it is picking up the wrong version when only part of the package name is
specified.

Is it ok to be more specific about which mcz file to install? What I mean is,
that this loads the correct versions of the packages...

   addSqueakSourcePackage: 'Shout.3.15-tween.65' directory: 'shout';
   addSqueakSourcePackage: 'ShoutWorkspace.1-tween.1' directory: 'shout';
   addSqueakSourcePackage: 'ShoutOmniBrowser-tween.3' directory: 'shout';
   addSqueakSourcePackage: 'ShoutMonticello.1-tween.1' directory: 'shout';

Is the idea to always install the most recent version of a package from a
particular repository. Or to install the most recent published version? Or to
install a specific version?

The package naming of older shout versions is pretty screwed up. I went through
a number of naming convention experiments when I was learning how monticello
worked. For example, 'ShoutOmniBrowser.4' is older than
'ShoutOmniBrowser-tween.3'.
If necessary, I will delete the older versions of the packages which are causing
the problems.

Cheers,
Andy