2006-09-20 SqF board notes

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 18:29:47 UTC 2006

hi craig

Excellent news.
I wrote a simple package that computes the last owner of a method and
collects this information.
It could be enhanced to get all the methods owners. I will certainly
do it when I have some time
using the history image 3.9. If someone wants to check and improve
feel free.
it is on squeaksource and called AuthorChecker

Stef

>      As you may remember, Apple has relicensed the original Squeak
> release under APSL2 (see [1]). We'd like to enable releases
> composed of
> material from that original release in combination with subsequent
> community contributions. We sought the advice of Dan Ravicher, a
> lawyer
> with the Software Freedom Law Center[2]. He suggests that we begin by
> compiling a definitive mapping of all the contributor initials in the
> system to their authors, so we can contact each author for explicit
> terms.

Do you have a wiki page to collect the information?
Which form do you want? at the method level?

>      Bert has agreed to create this list for the Squeakland system.
> We'd
> like a volunteer to do the same for the 3.9 release.

I could do it but what should we provide exactly ?