[ANN] Squeak Documentation Team formation

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 23 08:45:16 UTC 2006

Wonderful.  I like it.  With the scope of the group (at least the long term
scope) I would say it is to document all things squeak.  It is common in
open source programming to have one group that only programs and another
that only documents.  Of course documentation could be created more
efficiently by the developer, but most developers (including myself) would
rather code then document.

So anyway, I will be willing to provide any help I can.  I started a new job
that is quite far from where I live, so I basically don't exist during the
week but I will download emails overnight so I am somewhat reachable. :)  I
have around 2 hours per day to devote, but it is offline time until they get
internet on the trains. :(

While digging around, planning to do some documentation myself I found this
page:
http://www.oldenbuettel.de/squeak-doku/class_index.html

I don't know if it is generated anymore, but if it is, we could write a
little script to go through and put a common format on all the class
comments and then fill in the information as we go.  This would very quickly
give us a Javadoc like class reference that would be accessable by everyone.

Stephane and I had discussed a format, but I can't find the email atm.