[ANN] Squeak Documentation Project

Bakki Kudva bakki.kudva at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 15:14:24 UTC 2006

On 25 Sep 2006 14:18:04 +0200, Lex Spoon <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:

> It's even faster in Squeak -- you get all of this information directly
> from your image, with no network delay.  You can even run the example
> code directly, without having to cut and paste.

And Seaside exposes this entire heirarchy to the web browser via the
WABrowser, WAHalo and other classes in the Seaside-Components-Tools.
OFcourse the main objective there is to inspect, edit the application
code. However I thought (still trying to wrap my newbie mind around
this) that there must be a way that these classes can be extended such
that:

1. Code editing and halo specific is turned off.
2. Sections added to the renderContentOn:  methods for COMMUNITY
contributed method descriptions and SAMPLE CODE with pretty css.
3. Contributed code NOT saved in the Image but saved in a seperate db
using magma or some other mechanism indexed by Category -> Class ->
Method.

This would make it a Seaside driven community documentation engine for
Squeak. This way one could browse the object heirarchy on the web and
get community contributed docs in a squeak like environment.

-bakki