[ANN] Kernel image and the Rest of Squeak package for Squeak 7061

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Sep 25 09:24:27 UTC 2006

Pavel:
Here the first try on bootstrap7061b.zip

What I do;
Decompress.
Try KernelImage-7061b.image os same VM as last.
Works fine.
Try to rebuild Minimal.
Here I see problems in how files are organizated
For start working, I should move KernelImage-7061b to root folder and path
changes to loadROS.st

(FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: 'RoSExtra/Class-sharing.st) fileIn. I should
load manual (typing on kernel via cut an paste )

#('RestOfSqueak-changedDefinitions.cs'
    'RestOfSqueak-new.cs'
    'RestOfSqueak-additions.cs'
    'RestOfSqueak-overrides.cs') do: [:fileName |
    (FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: 'RoS/',fileName) fileIn. ].

Also load manual (typing on kernel via cut an paste )
I answer yes to all questions about pool dictionaries.
I said in my experiments I load first the pool used , so no questions .

My Mac is working...

A time later , I have control again and Smalltalk size said 2070 (almost I
scream HURRA )

#('RestOfSqueak-initialize1.cs'
    'RestOfSqueak-initialize2.cs')
    do: [:fileName |
    (FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: 'RoSExtra/',fileName) fileIn. ].

Same technique, but this time I got a nil...

Waiting yours clues...

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).