[ANN] Squeak Documentation Team formation

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 25 19:55:46 UTC 2006

>From: Matthew Fulmer <tapplek at gmail.com>
>To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>Subject: Re: [ANN] Squeak Documentation Team formation
>Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:43:25 -0700
>
>I believe Bert is saying that 3 has been done enough that nobody
>has really taken the problem seriously. It may not have been an
>active decision, but a general ignorance of the problem.
>--
>Matthew Fulmer

You could be right, but too many times I have seen people stuck with
something.... less then ideal actually decide that they are the only one's
who are right and therefor should not change.

I can think of a certain language that is almost nothing but warts, but when
you ask one of its proponents about it's rediculous features some of them
will actually tell you they are the only ones with the correct
implimentations.

As another example, I took a java class shortly after it came out.  The
teacher showed us how one did file IO.  In response to our "*How* many
classes do I need just to open a file?" we were explained why it should be
this way.  Didn't make me feel better at all and certainly made me think a
lot less of the language.