Success !!! (was Re: RV: [ANN] Kernel image and the Rest of Squeak package for Squeak 7061)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Sep 26 03:35:13 UTC 2006

Further to this I'll note I do not put anything on the event queue
because

a) Squeak without the host menu extensions does not see menu commands
b) The window is not open so there is no window events
c) The window is not open so there is no UI events (keyboard/mouse)

Historically that has read.

int ioGetNextEvent(sqInputEvent *evt) {
		ioProcessEvents();
		pthread_mutex_lock(&gEventQueueLock);
	if (eventBufferGet == eventBufferPut) {
             pthread_mutex_unlock(&gEventQueueLock);
             return false;
         }

and
primitiveGetNextEvent
	"Primitive. Return the next input event from the VM event queue."
	| evtBuf arg value |
	self var: #evtBuf declareC:'int evtBuf[8] = { 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
0 }'.
	self cCode:'' inSmalltalk:[evtBuf := CArrayAccessor on:
(IntegerArray new: 8)].
	arg := self stackTop.
	((self isArray: arg) and:[(self slotSizeOf: arg) = 8])  ifFalse:
[^self primitiveFail].

	self ioGetNextEvent: (self cCoerce: evtBuf to: 'sqInputEvent*').
	successFlag ifFalse:[^nil].

Which means the event found by primitiveGetNextEvent is all zeros.

fetchMoreEvents

	[self primGetNextEvent: eventBuffer.
	type := eventBuffer at: 1.
	type = EventTypeNone]
		whileFalse: [self processEvent: eventBuffer].

so that just falls thru

Mmm. Well let turn on message tracing and see what's going on

On 25-Sep-06, at 2:16 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:

> Give me a URL to the image file and I'll see why it won't work.
>
> On 25-Sep-06, at 1:48 PM, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>> Now I hope John could said something about why some images works
>> on Unix VMs
>> and not on his VM, so I send a copy to he.

===