SOAP security hole [was: Re: Squeak map colours]

Ramon Leon ramonleon at cox.net
Tue Sep 26 06:45:09 UTC 2006

> The second is that it uses #readFrom: of Object which just evaluates
> the contents of the stream and checks if the result is a boolean.
>
> Impact:
> Any host that can send a SOAP message to a Squeak sever or client can
> execute arbitrary Smalltalk code in that image.

Ouch, guess I won't be hosting any web services in Squeak.  None of this
affects me though, since I'm only using it as a SoapClient, and I
control the server side services, so I trust them.  But thanks for the
warning, guess I'll continue using .Net for writing all my Services and
Squeak for the web GUI against those services.