SqueakMap packages in 3.9g

Benoit St-Jean bstjean at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 16:22:13 UTC 2006

Just a quick thought...  I've been trying to get
up-to-date with Squeak (my last installed version was
3.7) and so far, most packages don't load for numerous
reasons.

A lot of them are not up to date or incompatible with
3.9, some omit to specify dependencies with other
packages, others miss methods that are no longer in
the image, etc.

I think it would be more than useful if we'd update
all packages to be compatible with 3.9 (or the next
release) and add some SUnit tests to those packages
that don't have any.  I would personally volunteer to
port/test a lot of the database-related packages.

How useful iis it to have a gazillion packages in
SqueakMap if most of them don't work with the current distribution?