Chronos download... (was Re: SqueakMap packages in 3.9g)

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Sep 26 21:35:18 UTC 2006

Hi!

Benoit St-Jean <bstjean at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Oups!  Posted my reply in French...
>
> Stéphane, I never implied that this release was s***.
> I noticed the huge number of changes that went into
> this release and good job to everyone.  BUT right now
> a lot of packages don't load into 3.9.
>
> I guess those packages will eventually get updated but
> right now, this is very frustrating!
>
> For instance, on my last attempt trying to install the
> Chronos package creates a "Error occurred during
> install: can't find EOCD position"...

That particular one sounds like SM server side cache gone wrong. Let me
try to fix that one right away....

...churn, churn, blonk, klonk... silence... Hmm? twirl, bang! bang!
Sigh...

Hmmm, ok, I think this was harder than I thought. It seems to me that
the stuff returned from that URL is this:

'<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1">
<TITLE>chronos-st.org:80</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<FRAMESET
ROWS="130,*" FRAMEBORDER=0 BORDER=0 FRAMESPACING=0>
  <FRAME
NAME="content"
SRC="http://vhost.r4l.com/top_frm?domain=chronos-st.org:80"
marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 noresize scrolling=no>
  <FRAME
NAME="content"
SRC="http://apps5.oingo.com/apps/domainpark/domainpark.cgi?s=chronos-st.
org:80&cid=REGI991N&uid=62.181.231.43&dp_p4pid=oingo_inclusion_xml_10&dp
_lp=7&dp_pu=2&dp_format=1.3" marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 noresize>

<NOFRAMES>
    <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1">
    <META http-equiv="refresh" content="0;
url=chronos-st.org:80">
  </NOFRAMES>
</FRAMESET>
</HTML>
'

But using say wget or firefox I get the Chronos.sar file allright. Not
sure why this code does not work:

'http://chronos-st.org/downloads/Squeak/Chronos.sar' asUrl
retrieveContents contents

Anyone?