SqueakMap packages in 3.9g

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Sep 26 22:41:26 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 18:23 -0400, Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> Does putting a BUG report on Mantis such as "this error happens in 3.9
> (details)" against a Squeak Package (e.g. RemoteFrameBuffer) produce email
> the package maintainers? If it does not, it could be a useful addition, if it
> does, perhaps we should be just reporting such 3.9 incompatibility on Mantis
> (I added one earlier, I am not sure how to contact the maintainer)
>
> Milan

No it does not, and I don't think it is needed.  If you choose a
category, and that category is assigned to someone then that person will
get notice that an issue has been assigned to them.  Some of the
categories are currently assigned to people, many of them are not.
Perhaps in the future all of the categories should be assigned to
someone, perhaps the the release team leader by default; I wouldn't mind
discussing this with the new 3.10 release team.  In any case I really
don't think you should have to worry about an email being generated.  If
the release team can't be bothered to periodically check out Mantis for
new issues, after it has been around now for over 2 years, then either
it's time to find a new release team or it's time to just give up on
Mantis.

Ken