Plopp US/English?

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Wed Sep 27 07:23:28 UTC 2006

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 23:16:28 -0700, Michael Rueger <m.rueger at acm.org>
wrote:

> Blake wrote:
>> Say,
>>      Is there an English version of Plopp planned? Can one have it
>> shipped to the US?
>
> Planned yes. You can order plopp on the German amazon.de site, don't
> know if they ship to the US though.
>
> BTW, does anyone have a suggestion for a different name for the English
> version? Seems the connotations of plopp aren't making it a suitable
> name in English ;-)

lol

It was a short-lived satirical magazine here many years ago. (Like MAD.)

I'm not sure what the connotations would be. It's close to "flop" I
suppose. I actually prefer it to what such a product would probably be
called by an American company "Kids 3D Art Virtualizer" or something.

Something close would be good, like "Ploop" or "Floop" or something fun
sounding.