removeAll (Re: join)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 27 10:30:31 UTC 2006

goran at krampe.se writes:
> And since you are then rumming about in Collection and friends - add
> #removeAll while you are at it with efficient implementations in
> suitable subclasses. I tried a few years back but got my head bitten off
> and retreated. ;)

Curiously, there is no removeAll method in Collection, in 3.7, 3.8, or
3.9.  There are very few removeAll methods at all, most are not in the
Collection hierarchy, and one of them is deprecated.  Maybe you are
thinking of a *proposed* removeAll method or methods?

Speaking of which, why is SharedQueue2>>removeAll marked
"Deprecated3.9".  It seems like a useful method, and there is no
replacement.  Especially odd is that SharedQueue2>>flush is marked as
"deprecated: 'use removeAll'".

-Lex