[ANN] Squeak Documentation Project

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 01:20:18 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 09:08:25AM +0200, Lex Spoon wrote:
> > This is exactly the purpose of my Category index project:
> > http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5871
>
> The page looks excellent.  However, there is an existing page for this
> purpose, entitled "Documentation":
>
>   http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2983

I was thinking that my project would be more of an index, and
the documentation page would be like a table of contents.
However, the distinction seems entirely fictional, I was indeed
building a table of contents. I will merge it with the older
page.

> Even after all of Matthew's work, the existing Documentation page is
> much longer and is still the better starting point.
>
> Matthew, feel free to put your effort into the existing catalog page
> instead of creating a new one.  minnow is a community wiki, and this
> page was designed precisely for the purpose you and Bakki are talking
> about.  Unless your catalog is special in some way compared to the
> existing one, what is the point?

Thank you for pointing this out.

--
Matthew Fulmer