Squeak-dev/Squeak-web image v95-2

Joshua Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Wed Apr 4 05:09:06 UTC 2007

On Apr 3, 2007, at 9:59 PM, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 3-Apr-07, at 9:54 PM, Joshua Gargus wrote:
>
>> I'm looking forward to when underscore-leftarrow is REALLY REALLY
>> gone and we can start having proper-looking OpenGL constants
>> ("GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX" instead of "GLModelviewMatrix").  I like
>> the left-arrow too, but can't we please just leave it to the
>> pretty-printer?
> Personally I *hate* underscore pseudopunctuation but what does it
> have to do with using a proper leftarrow?

Nothing to do with a *proper* leftarrow, but as long as people keep
evaluating 'Preferences enable: #allowU&%$#(@&
$#Assignment' (intentionally obfuscated so that I don' t
inadvertently tell someone about it ;-), we'll have neither our
underscore pseudo-punctuation nor our proper leftarrow.

BTW, I'm not a huge fan of underscore psuedo-punctuation either, but
it beats having to mentally translate between it and the best-
approximation-that-Squeak-can-muster.

A proper uparrow would be icing on the cake.

Josh