VM freeze and crash when saving

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Apr 6 13:11:57 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 02:32:23PM +0200, Florian Minjat wrote:

> My problem could also come from the fast that I didn't have the
> external plugin...
> I tried to use VMMaker to create it :
> I got the plateform dir using svn ( http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2106 ).
> I drag and droped the UnixOsProcessPluginInterpreterGetThisSession
> from the left frame of VMMaker to the external pluguin frame.
> I did 'Generate external plugins'.
> I make a build source, went into it, ran
> ../platforms/unix/config/configure (
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2173 ), and got a error :
> 'checking sanity of generated src directory... bad
> missing file: /home/squeak/vmmaker/src/plugins.int'
> What did I miss ?

Check where VMMaker put the sources. If it was /home/squeak/vmmaker/src32,
then make a line to /home/squeak/vmmaker/src, like this:
$ cd /home/squeak/vmmaker
$ ln -s src32 src

Then try configure and make once more.

But by the way, I don't think you really need to build the plugin.
It's already included in most of the Unix VMs. If you can inspect
"OSProcess thisOSProcess" and see a UnixProcess with pid and other
variables filled in, then you already have the plugin.

Dave