Squeak-dev/Squeak-web image v95-2

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Apr 6 15:44:43 UTC 2007

On 6-Apr-07, at 7:25 AM, J J wrote:

> So instead of typing :=, I will have to hold down Alt, Shift and
> type 2099?  Seems like a lot of work. :)

Let's not be daft about this folks.

Make the parser accept the unicode leftarrow as assign; leave the
':=' for backcompat.
Make fileout to text convert leftaror to := for plausible human
readability and ascii compat.
Make filein convert := to leftarrow for aesthetic compat.
Make a hotkey to insert leftarrow. Remember, the $= key is just a
hotkey that is already set for you.
Let people chose a suitable assign hotkey. Perhaps cmd-=? Perhaps alt-
\? I don't really care at this stage.
Profit.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- L'ETAT, C'EST MOO - I'm boss around here