[ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version 107
damien.cassou at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 13:09:26 UTC 2007
Squeak-dev image is an image made for squeak developers.
*Important notice:* This version is based on Squeak 3.10 7081 which
has been updated (contains 2 fixes from the base 7081).
If you use it, please tell me.
You can download it here:
Changes in this version:
- Based on 3.10 7081.
- Removes some flaps to only keep Squeak and Tools.
- Cleans the Tools flap: it now contains OmniBrowser, Shout Workspace,
Transcript, Monticello Browser, TestRunner, Message finder and Method
- Removes old classes that were previously used to build the squeak-dev image.
- Now, the script only manages the documentation. All packages are
managed through Universe only.
- Removes the history documentation because it does not have any
meaning now that Universe manages everything.
Lots of packages have been added and updated in the Universe.
You should be able to update your image using the Package Universe
Browser (in the Open menu). Just update the list, choose to select all
upgrades and then click on install.
There are a lot of packages prepared for you in this image. They are
not loaded in the image, but they can be easily.
- Open Package Universe Browser (world->open...->Package Universe Browser).
- Click on "Update list from network"
- Wait a few seconds
- Choose your packages
- Wait for feedback.
- Follow Squeak 3.10 beta releases.
- Think about a new way of naming the image version. This is because
currently, the version is based on the Monticello repository version.
However, the big updates/changes now happen in the universe directly
and I don't have to touch the source code anymore. That's why this
image is named '95-2' and not '96' or something else: the source code
Please tell me what is your experience with this version. Please tell me
what you want for this image, this is for you.
More information about the Squeak-dev