What's over the horizon?

Martin Wirblat sql.mawi at t-link.de
Thu Apr 12 10:57:14 UTC 2007

Bert,

thanks for responding. I think people don't worry so much about Tweak
vanishing but they feel unsure if they should bet on it for
"non-Croquet" 2d-only applications.

Learning a new UI-framework and porting an app or making a new one with
it is a considerable investment. For many Squeakers this would probably
involve the decision to switch to Croquet from Squeak and not try to
ride two horses at the same time. But you wouldn't like to find out
later that today Tweak is only thought as a minimal 2d-support for
Croquet and not anymore as the successor of Morphic for something like
Squeak.

I just learned about the new Croquet release as an alternative to the
image of the somewhat stale tweakproject.org site.

So which of the following images should one use to start with?

- iTweak-3.8-6665.zip from tweakproject.org or
- CroquetSDK-1.0.18/deployment/Homebase.image
   which can load the Tweak system from a MC repository.

Regards,
Martin