[Seaside] Re: [Q] Question on Magma (or other Persistence Engine for Squeak/Seaside)

Brent Pinkney brent at zamail.co.za
Fri Apr 13 14:17:02 UTC 2007

Hi,

> For me, the most difficult part is - and this is my major reason for
> previous mail;
>
> 1. how to perform "SELECT something FROM ... WHERE NAME=xxx" kind of operation in ODB.

In Magma:
	people := self getMagmaCollectionForPeople.
	oldies := self people where: [ :p | (p name = 'Smith') & (p age > 60) ].
	oldies do: [ :p | p doSomething ].

See Lava is you reallywant to do SQL with a Magma database.

> 2. if I save dictionary class to magma, and I changed or added/removed
> element from dictionary, the whole dictionary is saved/restored to/from
> db file? or just changed element?

the whole dictionary. If you want posher behaviour ask the Magma list to revive MagmaDictionary.

> Yes, I have almost no experience on this as you might already know, but
> I cannot find proper example for me. I'll look on sushi store example.

I wrote the sushi store example, so you can ask me directly.

Brent