HV2 revival

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Fri Apr 13 19:13:48 UTC 2007

On 4/13/07, Göran Krampe <goran at krampe.se> wrote:

> I have been wondering if we could move it forward a notch regarding forms
> and state handling. First of all I want to make views *able* to be
> "persistent". A persistent view would be created just like now but would
> "stick" to the user session and have a lifespan of the whole session
> (today in HV2 views are created for each request and then thrown away).
>
> Thus a view - if persistent - would have a similar lifespan as a
> WAComponent in Seaside. User sessions are done using a session cookie.

I like this idea.  It may end up as an interesting and useful
simplification of what Seaside does.  From a Seaside point of view,
this sounds like having a separate, independent Session (in the sense
of a stateful collection of components and callbacks) for each
combination of URL and session cookie.  So each time you navigate to a
new URL you get a new session (and thus links are still GOTOs :), but
within a single URL/form you get Seaside-like convenience.

Avi