Introducing... the Squeak Summer of Code 2007 projects

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Sat Apr 14 13:47:09 UTC 2007

Hi all,

it is a great pleasure for me, as the admin of the Squeak Summer of Code
effort, to introduce to you the five projects that have been selected
for this year's Summer of Code. They are:

"Developing a package model"
by Damien Cassou, mentored by Stephane Ducasse
http://code.google.com/soc/squeak/appinfo.html?csaid=9B60DEDD661792

"Improving the Compiler frameworks"
by Mathieu Suen, mentored by Marcus Denker
http://code.google.com/soc/squeak/appinfo.html?csaid=B6CC5BC1D4980409

"A Squeak HTML/CSS Viewer"
by Jerome Chauveau, mentored by Todd Blanchard
http://code.google.com/soc/squeak/appinfo.html?csaid=A3971F7D4BDF294

"Collaborative Development"
by Benjamin Vanderheyden Schroeder, mentored by Ralph Johnson
http://code.google.com/soc/squeak/appinfo.html?csaid=7F2C204FBF7A2D4F

"One Wiki to Rule Them All"
by Oleg Korsak, mentored by Keith Patrick Hodges
http://code.google.com/soc/squeak/appinfo.html?csaid=3780B118670665F3

This five projects have been selected among the 35 proposals submitted
by 25 students. This hasn't been an easy task for the mentors, because
the good proposals were many and the competition fierce. I'd like to
thank all the students who applied, and invite all of them to propose us
a project for the 2008 edition of the Summer of Code.

But in the end Squeak could get more than just this five projects: I
have been contacted by a couple of students who are still interested in
working on their proposed projects, either under the SummerTalk banner,
or just in their spare time.

Again, I'd like to thank all the students and the mentors involved in
this effort for all the work they've done. Thanks, guys!

	Ciao,

		Giovanni