HV2 revival

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Sun Apr 15 11:49:38 UTC 2007

Il giorno sab, 14/04/2007 alle 16.33 -0700, Avi Bryant ha scritto:
> On 4/14/07, Giovanni Corriga <giovanni at corriga.net> wrote:
>
> > I looked at it. From what I saw it looks like the callbacks part is so
> > intertwined with the rest of Seaside that adapting it to HV2 would take
> > almost the same time as rebuilding it from scratch. But I'm using the
> > Seaside Canvas system as a reference for my Canvas/Painter system.
>
> That surprises me - the Canvas hierarchy looks like this:
>
> WACanvas
>    WAHtmlCanvas
>       WARenderCanvas

It might as well be a problem of DUH (doesn't understand here). I'll
give it another look.

> WACanvas knows nothing about HTML (and we have some private subclasses
> for other XML dialects).  WAHtmlCanvas knows about HTML but nothing
> about callbacks (we use it for generating static/RESTful HTML pages).
> Only WARenderCanvas should be at all intertwined with the rest of the
> framework.

This looks similar to what I have in mind. HV2's Canvas maps to
WAHtmlCanvas, and HV2's Painter maps to WARenderCanvas. The only
difference is that I use delegation between the Painter and the Canvas
instead of subclassing.

	Giovanni