PROLOG/V running under Squeak 3.9-7067

Robert Shiplett grshiplett2 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 20:33:33 UTC 2007

at the moment I am exploring Io as an embedded language to work with a language such as XSB+Logtalk
    http://www.iolanguage.com/about/
while getting back to some Squeak and VW

I have no luck sompileing GNU St ( but GNU Prolog compiles fine and runs fine with Logtalk );  what looks just excellent for embedding is Smalltalk/X

I am also trying to keep an eye on the Parrot vm and Plan9

Sadly, I can never get Slate to compile on my Win32 GNU box ... when most anything that doesn't interest me compiles fine ( configure + make ) if I have the patience.

Speaking of patience: bring up a Cecil image !  But Craig's ideas are terrific about evolving a project towards being safe.  Rather than being forced, as seems to be coming to future ECMAScript and Python ....

Btw, Io compiles fine for me, but not the IoFE or so-called IoFE2 do not.

It is such a pleasure that so many packages load fine into Squeak !

Robert

Serge Stinckwich <Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr> wrote: Robert Shiplett a écrit :
> I think Roel Wuyts must know where this is at ... and if there is a grad
> student or post-doc interested

yes, sure.

I'm looking for a Prolog in Smalltalk in order to implement an
AgentSpeak(L) interpreter. AgentSpeak(L) is an agent langage based on
the BDI (Belief-Desire-Intention) model
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDI_software_agent)

The AgentSpeak(L) language is in fact very similar to Prolog. I would
like to know if Prolog/V or SOUL are flexible enough in order to have a
slighty modified syntax. In Prolog, there is usually an op relation to
do that. Or maybe a better idea is to write an AgentSpeak(L)
meta-interpreter.

Here is a very simple AgentSpeak(L) sentence :

+concert(A,V) : likes(A) :- !book_tickets(A,V).

that means : if the agent perceives that a concert for the artist A at
venue V occurs, then if the agent likes artist A, then the agent got a
new goal : book some tickets. The first part before :, play as a trigger.

Thank you,

-- Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.free.fr/