Date classes

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 16 23:20:39 UTC 2007

J J wrote:
> I have looked at Cronos but it is really huge, and the classes that
> come with the image are already very close.  I will have to look at
> Chalten, but what is wrong with a few upgrades to the classes that
> come with Squeak?
Absolutely nothing, the squeak classes recently had a fairly
comprehensive rewrite, and are still essentially a 1.0 release, it
should be expected that some updates and improvements are desired. There
is plenty of room for these base classes to evolve. For example I would
also propose a split in the packaging of these classes so there can be
an absolute minimum Kernel version for KernelImages as well as a fully
featured version.

Goran also submitted a number of speed improvements to mantis,
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=4669

cheers

Keith