File system access in Squeak

Dominic Letz dominic.letz at berlin.de
Tue Apr 17 17:57:57 UTC 2007

Try using the FTPClient class it is already in the base image. It is very
easy to use. Here a little example uploading a file

uploadFtp
	| client |
	[StandardFileStream fileNamed: 'myfile.zip' do: [:fileStream |
	client := FTPClient openOnHostNamed: 'ftp.mywebsite.com'.
	client
		loginUser: 'user' password: 'password';
		changeDirectoryTo: 'httpdocs/temp';
		binary;
		putFileStreamContents: fileStream as: 'myfile.zip'
	]] on: Error do: [
		self inform: 'There was an error.'
	]