Which PostgreSQL client?

Aaron Reichow areichow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 23:50:10 UTC 2007

Hola!

Just curious- what PostgreSQL client do you folks here on the list
recommend?  There seem to be two implementations:

http://www.io.com/~jimm/projects/squeak_postgresql/

and

http://ca.geocities.com/zazu@rogers.com/pgsqueak/
(though a newer version is on SM here: http://map.squeak.org/package/
a8d3ca99-f5f4-45e0-9aa7-100a77b64f45/autoversion/3)

Any thoughts on which might be better?

I'm going to use it for writing reports, drawing from info we have in
a PG db. I had to write a couple in Python, but I've gotten the go
ahead to do my new ones in Squeak.  I've been using the pg module for
Python, and for writing reports I appreciate the simplicity, compared
to the full-blown PyGreSQL package.  I'm not using this for a web app
or anything too hardcore- my co-worker or I run them periodically.

I mention how I'll be using it because the usual considerations for a
decision like this- speed, SSL support, etc- take a back-seat to how
easy to use the API is.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Aaron