[Seaside] Re: [Q] Question on Magma (or other Persistence Engine for Squeak/Seaside)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 01:10:40 UTC 2007

Hi Sungjin, 3 to 4 seconds is definitely not characteristic of Magma
performance.  Maybe for the initial connection, but after that you
should be seeing sub-second times.  Here are some performance
benchmarks for Magma:

  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5606

I really wish the Sushi store demo was up to date, but no one has had
time to look at it.  But it should be pretty close..  I've only ever
even installed Seaside once (just to review the Sushi store demo,
Brent did it) so I'm not sure what has changed since then..
Certainly, if you or anyone is willing to freshen it up, I'll be happy
to help with the Magma-side of things..

thanks..