Date classes

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 06:49:47 UTC 2007

>From: "Hernan Wilkinson" <hernan.wilkinson at gmail.com>
>To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list"<squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>Subject: Re: Date classes
>Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:10:49 -0300
>
>There is a paper we wrote 2 years ago about the problems that the Smalltalk
>date classes have and the advantages of having a better model. If you are
>interested on having better date and time classes, I recommend you to read
>the paper... you may not like it, but at least you will see other people
>ideas...

Hi.  Any link to the paper?

And my choice is not about what I like or what I don't like, it's about
external dependencies.  I am creating Recurrence rules in Squeak (very hairy
specification) and I want to minimize external dependencies.  I didn't want
to say someone has to use some special time package (no matter how good it
is) just to use my stuff.  Especially since I don't see Recurrence rules
needing that extra functionality (e.g. timezones).