Message passing with spoon

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Apr 20 20:10:26 UTC 2007

Hi JJ--

> I am looking at doing a big Erlang project, but I want to do all the
> GUI stuff in Smalltalk/Squeak.  I want the system to be reflective as
> well, so the best is if Squeak can talk directly to Erlang via
> Erlang's own message passing style.
>
> Can Spoon help with this, or is it expecting Smalltalk objects to be
> on the other side?

     It doesn't expect Smalltalk to be on the other side, the other side
just needs to speak the network protocol. That involves answering
messages with bits that can be decoded into Smalltalk objects, but it
should be doable.

     I suppose I should finish documenting the protocol. :)

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist