[ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version 114

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 22 17:54:21 UTC 2007

> PS: And as I'm somebody not only complaining but doing things I
> helped ralph getting the knowledge
> of what and how we did in 3.9 and also I proposed him to pair with
> him but he declined because he did not
> want to be influenced by our way of thinking.

I did not decline.  I just never said "yes" because I couldn't find a
time.  I was quite interested in it and am not at all afraid of being
influenced by your way of thinking.

> And BTW he realized that we had a process and that it was quite close
> to what he planned to do.

Yes, the more I asked questions, the more I realized that you had
already tried most of the things I wanted to do.

> I think that in the future for 3.11 or so should respect a simple
> list of duties.

I don't understand this.

There is a list of Mantis issues that are ready to be harvested.  I
put a lot of the issues on the list, but other people are also putting
issues on it.  More people should do so.  We should be debating
whether individual issues are ready or not, but that is not really
happening.  After issues have been on the list for awhile, Edgar is
converting them into MC packages and adding them to the update stream.
 Edgar makes sure that any changes pass the existing tests.

You are right that we ought to indicate better what is in the updates.
 I plan to write comments for the old ones, but haven't done it yet.

Shouldn't this discussion be on the 3dot10 list?

-Ralph