[Newbies] string search

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 09:30:49 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 24 April 2007 1:00 pm, goran at krampe.se wrote:
> subbukk <subbukk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > How do I do string searches in Squeak environment? For example, how
> > do I search which method refers to 'My Squeak'?
>
> Select "My Squeak" with mouse and press alt-shift-e.
This gives me method names containing the string. I am looking for method
bodies, descriptions or literals which contain this string. I was trying
to search out class methods based on text in filenames, descriptions or
balloon help.

Currently, I convert *.sources file to unix format (\n instead of \r. I am
on Linux),use an editor to dig out strings and work backwards from it.
There must be an easier way.

I should have been clearer in my request. Apologies .. Subbu