[ANN] Documentation for Omnibrowser

Brad Fuller brad at bradfuller.com
Thu Apr 26 05:54:58 UTC 2007

Colin Putney wrote:

> On Apr 25, 2007, at 3:59 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:
>
>> Thanks for this, Alexandre. I'm reading the paper and I'd also like to
>> install the Omnibrowser on squeakmap but it doesn't want to load in 3.9.
>> Does it not work for 3.9?
>
> OmniBrowser is included in Squeak 3.9, so you don't have to load
> anything. In the open menu, select 'Image Browser.'
Gee.. that makes  a log of sense ;-)  Why not name it OmniBrowser?
Because it's now a framework?

And, why does most class browsers you bring up have their title as
"System Browser"? I realize they are browsing the "system", but don't
you think it ought to reflect what you just selected in the menu? (not
specially asking you, Colin). So, for instance, to get the
"OmniBrowser", you select the "Image Browser" in the menu and the
resulting application window title is "System Browser". Hmm... that's
gotta be confusing. Application naming should be consistent throughout
the environment, don't you think?

--
brad fuller
www.bradfuller.com